Heather's Fine Couture Sewing Blog

Heather's Fine Couture designs and creates custom costumes of all types, specicalizing in ballet costumes.
This blog is intended to share my thoughts, inspiration, and progress on my past, current, and future projects.



Thursday, June 9, 2011

Two tutus and a pilgrimage.....

Alright, it's been quite awhile since my last blog post.  So it's time!  I have completed two of the three tutus for Sunking Dance Camps.  I will be doing the third one when I return from dance camp, I thank the director for giving me an extension on that last one. 


This is the pink tutu I made for the dance camp.  It has a softer, droopier shape to the skirt, and the bodice has 12 pieces.  I used bengaline for the bodice and basque, with sequin appliques and venice lace for decoration. This tutu as well as the next will fit about 6 different-sized people.  It has to be multi-sized because of the many bodies it will need to fit. 





This tutu has a fluffier appearance to the skirt.  I kept this design much more simple.  The gold lace was hand-dyed, as well as the black lace that overlays the burgundy accents.  (In fact this is the same lace I used on the auto show dress.)  I made this from black and burgundy bengaline, and the bodice has 8 pieces. 

So the pilgrimage part of this blog....

I am packing up my car and driving to Richmond, Virginia for dance camp this year.  I have never driven that far ever, and I just really want the experience.  Plus it would be nice to avoid the whole airport thing, and be able to take as much stuff as I can fit into my car!  And another cool thing is I will get to see a good friend in DC along the way.  And of course, it will be awesome to have a car there.

Hopefully, it won't take me nearly as long to write the next blog....  And hopefully I don't leave the tutus at home.....



No comments:

Post a Comment